Monday, July 20, 2009

Hindering Yourself and Rise Up

My recent post explained I have been sick for a whole week and not able to write something for my blog. I pondered for a while after I published it. Why, why I was so weak and giving excuses after excuses for not writing about Him. Not giving glory of his name because of my feeble body. After all He is the creator of all things so what is a flu to Him.

I ask myself have i ever go all out and do what is right even if I am under the weather. Have you ever just let go all the burdens in your thoughts and give Him first. Most of the times I tend to drifted from the right thoughts into something unproductive things. Excuse again. I think a lot of people would do that. But why? A big Why to me.

I am not someone super spiritual or a pastor or ordained by God. I started this blog to give glory to Him the above and nothing else. No one can stop me not even my cell group or my pastor. I think what is right to serve Him the” Great I am”. Somehow I feel a burden to continue writing more and more because of this and that. I am not surprise my inner being wants to serve Him but my flesh is weak. The greatest enemy I used to say is you yourself. I let myself down, I let my enemy in me takes over me hindering me to be an active Christian instead of pasive and reluctant one.

After all this why and why question I fumble through the Bible and found a scripture in Psalm 143:4-6 “ Therefore my spirit is overwhelmed within me. My heart within me is distressed. I remember the days of old. I meditate on all my works. I muse on the work of Your hands. I spread out my hands to You. My soul longs for you like a thirsty land”. It sounds relevant to me. This scripture taught me how to rise up from my inexcusable slumber by remember Him, His faithfulness, His blessing to me from the olden days and most of all the challenges He guides me through. Well, my answer from my excusable thoughts is meditating in God abilities and not yours brother! I mean me. In another word i find myself no excuse not to write about Him because He is greater than i am.

I believe you too can learn from this scripture if you are overwhelmed by things with many concerns that caught you off guards at the same time. Stop what you are doing. Praise Him and press in into His presence. It could be your dog ran off with other dogs, tensions with your parents, money problems or sickness like me. Any big or small things that hinder you from God just meditate in Him and not think about your liabilities.

God Bless.

No comments: